About Me

My photo
JABALPUR, 18, India
The only thing I really wish to do with my life is to inspire someone. I want to touch someone’s life so much that they can genuinely say that if they have never met me then they wouldn’t be the person they are today. I want to save someone; save them from this cold, dark and lonely world. I wish to be someone’s hero, someone that people look up to. I only wish to make a change, even if it’s a small one. I just want to do more than exist.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Soon, carry ID card when you book a railway ticket

                            The Railways is soon going to make it mandatory for passengers buying any type of ticket to carry a valid government identity proof such as PAN card or driving licence. This move has been taken in a bid to improve security at railway stations and curb anti-social elements. Earlier, one had to produce an ID card only while travelling in a reserved compartment. 

                           Confirming the move, Southern Railway chief public relations officer V J Accamma said Indian Railways had decided to make ID cards mandatory for the purchase of any type of tickets, including platform tickets. This would also help the railway authorities to crack down on touts operating at reservation counters and help weed out multiple reservations being made on fake names by travel agents. 

                           The modalities are being worked out for issuing general and platform tickets as most of those who travel in this class are from the lower strata of society and may not possess any type of ID card. Railway officials said though the decision was taken a few months ago, the proposal was still awaiting the nod of the railway ministry. 



Source :-The  Times Of India

No comments:

Post a Comment