About Me

My photo
JABALPUR, 18, India
The only thing I really wish to do with my life is to inspire someone. I want to touch someone’s life so much that they can genuinely say that if they have never met me then they wouldn’t be the person they are today. I want to save someone; save them from this cold, dark and lonely world. I wish to be someone’s hero, someone that people look up to. I only wish to make a change, even if it’s a small one. I just want to do more than exist.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Madan Mahal Fort (Jabalpur)

                                 Built by the Gond ruler Maharaja Madan Sahi, in 1116 atop a rocky hill, the fort dominates the skyline and provides a panoramic view of the town and the country side around it.









It rises to an approximate height of 500 meters above the ground and was once the Pleasure Palace of Raja Madan Shah, the son of Rani Durgavati.




Queen Durgavati had used it as a Watch tower and the architecturally designed rooms in front of the main structure were probably used to house the military troops of the rulers who lived here.


























A View of the Jabalpur City From Atop the Madan Mahal Fort.









2 comments:

  1. It was great reading about Madan Mahal Fort in Jabalpur. Being the cultural capital of Madhya Pradesh, Jabalpur welcomes tourists with open arms every year. Click here to know about places to visit in Jabalpur.

    ReplyDelete